Great West Engineering, Inc. is seeking a hydraulic engineer with two to six years of experience to join either our Helena, Montana office; Boise, Idaho office; or Billings, Montana office. Great West is a growing consulting firm specializing in environmental, municipal, transportation, natural resources, and solid waste engineering. This is a great opportunity to support an established team of talented engineers, scientists, and other technical professionals. Great West provides opportunities to work on interesting and challenging projects. We promote training and professional development and encourage involvement in professional organizations.
This role may expand include client management responsibilities and participation in business development efforts. Responsibilities involve preparation of project reports, hydraulic models, calculations, drawings, cost estimates, permitting packages, and final project deliverables necessary for project bidding and construction. The position will focus on floodplain modeling, dam breach analysis and inundation mapping, and hydraulic modeling of bridge and culvert structures. Other tasks may include dam inspections, classifications, and emergency action planning. The position sometimes requires fieldwork involving the inspection of existing infrastructure and/or construction projects and opportunities to meet with clients. Employee will be assigned specific tasks or projects to complete under the direction of an experienced engineer.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Must have technical experience with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, ArcGIS
- Experience with 2D modeling software packages are beneficial but not required
- Technical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated task management and project organizational skills.
- Good technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- AutoCAD Civil 3-D experience
- Engineering Intern or Professional Engineer certification
- Business travel may be required.
- PE or EIT and Valid Driver’s License
Benefits and Compensation
- Salary: $53,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Traditional & Roth 401k plans
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Relocation Assistance (if required)
- Family oriented environment
For more than 30 years, Great West Engineering has been creating infrastructure solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be an engineering company of choice to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service and collaboration. Great West offers competitive salaries, bonus time for billable overtime hours, and an excellent benefits package that includes insurance and a 401(k) program with company match.
Please send cover letter and resume to the address below.
Great West Engineering, Inc.
P.O. Box 4817
Helena, MT 59604
fax (406) 449-8631
Great West is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected/Veterans are encouraged to apply.